I’m OBSESSED with gallery walls right now and lucky for me I have some fabulous friends that have caught onto the trend and made some amazing displays themselves! Here are some of my favorite DIY Gallery Walls that my creative friends have made! Excuse the lighting in some of these photos…staircases seem to be a great spot for gallery walls, but not so great for natural light photos!
Gold All The Way
Wall of Quotes
Gallery of Initial
My gallery wall tips:
Make it personal –
- Should be a reflection of you and your family
- Time to incorporate canvases, monograms, DIY project
Mixing scale –
- Use all different sizes and shapes
- Find a few anchor pieces that will serve as main focal points
- Once you determine your focal pieces, start building your wall around them
- There was a mix of approach for this, some carefully laid out each piece and created a mock wall with paper and tape, and others just completely winged it
- If you are comfortable with what you have in your head, go for it, otherwise take the time to lay it out before nailing
- Don’t worry about spacing
My final tip – the painters tape trick for hanging items needing more than one nail…GAME CHANGER
- If your photo is larger it will probably need a nail on each side, for easy measuring for nails simply apply blue painters tape across the back of the photo, poke holes in the center where the nails should go, remove the tape from the back and place on your wall where you would like to hang, finally nail where you made the holes and remove tape and place photo up…viola!
Have you created a gallery wall? What was your inspiration? Have some photos you would like to share? Email me (address in About section)!
I’m working on a mancave/sports gallery wall, so be sure to keep your eye out for that on my Instagram page!