I’m a month out from completing my Bikram Yoga 30 Day Challenge and Whole30 eating plan and I’m noticing the lack of motivation, time and holiday social calendars are eating away at my healthy lifestyle! I’m on a mission to save myself from the holiday gains and get back on track! As a busy working mom, finding the time for workouts is normally after work and the ONLY way I make my workouts happen is having everything packed and being able to change at the gym. In order to meet my gym goal I pack a complete gym bag including my favorite essentials, post-workout snacks, and Centrum ® MultiGummies ®.
Here is what’s in my bag:
- Makeup – if I come from work the only thing I need to freshen up is my mascara and my lips, so red holiday lipstick and a good mascara is always in my bag
- Having the option for a shower – towel, cheap flip-flops, travel sized lotion, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deordorant, and make-up remover wipes
- Post workout snacks – as a holiday tip, never go to a party hungry…ever. Have options to fuel your body immediately after your workout even if you only get a 20 minute workout in, save the calories on something with clean protein than on those delicious looking holiday appetizers and desserts. I always carry a shaker bottle (I use this during my workout for water as well) with travel protein powder (budget saver is to not buy the packets, but to make a ziplock portion of your protein powder from home). I also carry raw almonds, Centrum ® MultiGummies ® and my favorite protein bars.
- Hair – dry shampoo, brush, ponytail bands, holiday headband, bobby pins
Rocking post-workout hair can be so on trend! Here are 4 stunning looks that are fast and super easy to do after a great sweat!
If I can’t find time for a full gym workout or time to get to the yoga studio, I complete a circuit at home or even at the playground if the weather is nice. My favorite no-equipment circuit workout you can do ANYWHERE and fit within the time constraints you have for the day. Do one round or five, this workout will be fun and energizing that will allow you to meet any holiday demand. Last night I did my full-body circuit along with my 12 days of Christmas ab sequence before I cuddled up and turned on the holiday music to decorate the Christmas tree. Here is my full-body and ab circuit:
Anywhere Full-Body Circuit:
- 5 minute run or jog-in-place
- 50 jump squats
- 50 crunches
- 50 push-ups (can modify to knees and incorporate diamond push-ups)
- 50 plyometric lunges
- 50 tricep dips (off a bench or you can do on ground with legs bent)
- 50 jumping jacks
- 50 donkey kicks (25 each leg)
- 50 standing knee to elbow (25 each side)
- 50 calf raises
- 50 (25 each side) leg side rasies
- 50 high knees
- 50 curtsy lunges (25 each side)
- 50 arm circles (25 front and 25 backwards)
- 1 minute plank
*Repeat as many times as you would like.
12 Days of Christmas Ab Sequence:
*So like the song you perform like a ladder – with one, then do two and one, then three, two and one, and keep building until you go all the way through the 12 movements.
- 1 15 second plank
- 2 super mans (lower back)
- 3 legs to ceiling
- 4 leg dips
- 5 knee-to-elbow crunches
- 6 cross crunches (knees bent and cross crunch 3 times to each side)
- 7 rollup full crunches
- 8 v-sit russian crunches (4 to each side)
- 9 reverse crunches
- 10 bicycle crunches (5 to each side)
- 11 straight leg crunches
- 12 regular crunches
Biggest tip is having fun and grabbing friends and family to motivate you during the holiday season. Put on a your favorite holiday movie and do your workout in front of the TV. Or plan a holiday meet-and-greet with your friends incorporating fitness…try a new dance class or yoga class and exchange gifts over a healthy post-meal or drink.
Lastly, if you can’t make a formal workout happen at all burn some calories on holiday adventures! You will burn some major calories speed walking the mall…so put on comfy shoes and get that holiday shopping tackled in just one trip! Walk your neighborhood at night and enjoy the beautiful lights and decorations that everyone has put up. Or take your time picking out the perfect tree, walk the aisles and make sure your find the best one. And my favorite, find a walking home or light tour. We just went to one last weekend and it got us right in the holiday spirit.
I found my Centrum ® MultiGummies ® at my local Walmat. Centrum ® MultiGummies ® contain three natural flavors: Berry, Cherry, and Orange. Centrum ® MultiGummies are gluten-free and have no artificial flavors or sweeteners. Oh and did I mention there is a fabulous coupon? Just follow this link to the coupons page and you are ready to go shopping. Centrum® MultiGummies® makes it easy for me to support my health while enjoying my busy lifestyle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.